The EU Polar Cluster is a network of collaborative polar projects, which are funded by the European Commission, and three permanent members: the EPB, APECS and SIOS. We have a range of Arctic, Antarctic and Polar projects. Projects that have ended still provide input to the Cluster, and we include them here to support the legacy of these projects.
How do our Members benefit from the cooperation within the Cluster?
The benefits and added values that the cluster members gain from working together within the cluster are:
- Collective efforts lead to higher impacts than the output of single projects
- More exchange of knowledge and the maintenance of the legacy of finished projects
- Joint activities e.g related to communication, stakeholder engagement, policy advice lead to more targeted activities and avoid stakeholder fatigue
- Creating synergies between already planned activities to maximise impact and visibility of European polar research
- A bundeling of efforts (human, financial, in kind…) leads to a better use of financial resources