The EU Polar Cluster work together to increase our impact, minimise travel, and engage a wider range of stakeholders.
Individual Cluster Project Events
We here have collated individual project events, sessions, workshops, and webinars from all/joint task groups.
We aim to include all sessions, but please see project websites for more details and complete lists. If you have something to be added, please contact Lily Green.
We also work together on key conferences and events on joint sessions:
- Arctic Frontiers Science Meeting 31 January- 4th February 2022. We are happy to announce the upcoming Arctic Frontiers Science Conference in Tromsø, Norway. The sessions are:
- Talks and posters from SIOS:
- Talk: “Status of infrastructure development to optimize the long-term monitoring system in Svalbard: examples from the infrastructure development of the Norwegian node (SIOS-INFRANOR)” by Shridhar Jawak, Inger Jennings, Christiane Hübner, Ilkka Matero, Øystein Godøy, Heikki Lihavainen
- Talk: “SIOS data infrastructure in Svalbard” by Ilkka Matero, Inger Jennings, Øystein Godøy, Shridhar Jawak, Christiane Hübner, Heikki Lihahavinen, Kim Holmén
- Poster: “The Svalbard Observing System – monitoring for science and society” by Jasmine Zhang, Christiane Hübner, Zdenka Sokolíčková, Esteban Ramírez Hincapié, René van der Wal, Inger Jennings, Ilkka Matero, Shridhar Jawak, Heikki Lihavainen
- ASSW - Arctic Science Summit Week - European Coordination of Polar Research - joint Cluster session
Sunday 27 March 2022 from 09:00 - 13:00 (local time Tromsø)
- ASSW 2022 will be from 26 March - 1 April 2022 in Tromsø, Norway at the UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
- The conference will be in a hybrid format with options for in-person and online attendance.
- EU-PolarNet 2/EPB/Cluster Webinar "New Arctic Policy: The New EU Arctic Policy and Research and Innvocation" 24th November 2021, 10:00am CET. Objective: To introduce the new Arctic Policy to the EU polar science community, to discuss the role of Research & Innovation in the new strategy and to see how R&I projects can contribute to the Policy objectives. The webinar will reflect on the contribution of EU Polar Cluster projects to better understandings of changes in the Arctic, as well as to societal benefits. Event chaired by Nicole Biebow (Eu Polar Net 2) and Renuka Badhe (EPB), Speakers included Michel Mann, the EU Special Envoy for the Arctic and Raphael Goulet the Head of Unit, European Commission
- Please find a recorded video of the webinar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1V6cUDo00
- EU Arctic Forum and Indigenous Peoples' Dialogue - 10-11 November 2021 Brussels, Belgium and Livestream. The European Commission and the European External Action Service organised a high-level EU Arctic Forum and the Annual Arctic Indigenous Peoples’ Dialogue on 10 and 11 November 2021 in Brussels.The High Representative/Vice President Josep Borrell and Commissioner Virginijus Sinkevičius hosted the events.Concluding session was given by Mr Michael Mann, EU Special Enjoy for Arctic Matters.
- Please find the programme for the event here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/default/files/eu-arctic-forum-2021-programme_en.pdf
- #COP26 EU Pavilion side event: "Polar Warming, Global Warming." 3 November 2021, online and in Brussels. This session was organised by Cluster Members EU-PolarNet 2, SO-CHIC, PROTECT, TiPACCs, Arctic PASSION and the EPB, and representatives from the Alfred Wegener Institute, British Antarctic Survey, the Université libre de Bruxelles, and the University of Grenoble and was moderated by Nicole Biebow. We provided scientific facts and community knowledge of polar change from EU Polar Cluster Members to protect and support adaptation, resilience, & sustainability, of communities and habitats, and the Polar Regions impact on European society.
- Please find a recording of this session here.
- ASSW - Arctic Science Summit Week, March 2021, online.
- Report Meeting on the Impact of COVID-19 on members of the EU Polar Cluster 15 January 2021, online.
- Education and training events:
- International Conference for Young MArine REsearchers (ICYMARE), 21-24 September 2021, online, FACE-IT
- eScience Tools in Climate Science: Linking Observations with Modelling, 1-8 November 2021, Tjärnö Marine Biological Laboratory, Sweden plus 2 days virtual (tentatively 22-23 November 2021), FORCeS
- ARCSAR TTX event, 9-10 November, online
- SIOS Training course on Hyperspectral Remote Sensing (HIRScourse), 6-10 September 2021, online, SIOS
- KEPLER ECR workshop https://kepler-polar.eu/2021/02/15/kepler-ecr-workshop/
- The 2020 EU Polar Cluster meeting was held as part of the European Polar Science Week on the 27th October 2020, online, in collaboration with ESA - http://eo4polar.esa.int/
- ASSW (Arctic Science Summit Week) 28 March - 30 March 2020
- EPP, ARICE, APPLICATE, EUPolarNet involved in sessions
- Arctic Observing Summit, Iceland, 31st March - 2nd April 2020
- INTAROS involved in preparatory work
- KEPLER submitted side session