The EU Polar Cluster work together to increase our impact, minimise travel, and engage a wider range of stakeholders.
- An anchor point to a drifting world: is going to be about terrestrial research in Svalbard. Join us to learn about current research on terrestrial biology in Svalbard as well as knowledge gaps. For more details on the programme and registration, visit our webpage. 7th May.
- KEPLER- Maritime and Research sector needs workshop on Wednesday 19th May 2021 (13:30- 17:00 CET). With contributions from ARCSAR and ARICE. Registration
- EPB ASM3 webinar series: Closing webinar - Post-Ministerial Review: Joint Statement and Actions 09 June 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
Blue Action: Multi-annual to Decadal Climate Predictability in the North Atlantic-Arctic Sector 20-22 September 2021. The workshop aims to foster scientific exchanges and collaborations on multi-annual to decadal climate predictability, including research on: climate predictability from interannual to multi-decadal timescales and our understanding of the associated physical processes and their representation by models, improvement of dynamical prediction systems, and increasing need for actionable information dependent on skillful climate predictions. Keynote speakers (including both prominent and promising scientists) have already confirmed their participation. We encourage scientists to submit abstracts into one of the sessions listed in the flyer and on the web page. The abstract deadline is 21 May 2021. To submit an abstract, click here. Organisers: EU H2020 Blue-Action, TMS Bjerknes Climate Prediction Unit, JPI Climate-Oceans ROADMAP project and the CLIVAR Atlantic Region Panel, CLIVAR/CliC Northern Oceans Region Panel and CLIVAR Climate Dynamics Panel. The workshop is also linked to the EU Climate Modelling Cluster, established by EASME/EC in 20218. Location: we are aiming for a hybrid format, with physical location in either Bergen (Norway) or Copenhagen (Denmark). A decision will be taken in June.
- International ONLINE Conference for Young MArine REsearchers (ICYMARE): 21 - 24 September 2021. Call for Abstracts for ICYMARE 2021: a conference designed by and for young marine researchers. ICYMARE stands for “International Conference for YOUNG Marine Researchers”. No matter if you are a Bachelor, Master or PhD candidate, you are invited to present your research to (y)our dynamic audience with an atmosphere of being among friends. Get some first conference experience and start building your personaland international network. Submit your abstract, along with a short CV, to by no later than 15 May. By visiting www.icymare.com, you can find an abstract submission template and some guidelines for the presentations. Further details can be found on the event flyer here.
- Women Communicating Arctic Science Gender in Transdisciplinary Research (Part of 'Breaking the Ice Ceiling' webinar series): 6th May, 5-6pm BST. Learn about the heart & sense dilemma women face in science communication & the role gender plays in transdisiplinary research. For further details and to register click here.
- ARCSAR: The 3rd ARCSAR Innovation and knowledge exchange event and 2nd ARCSAR dissemination workshop hosted by Nord University and Lapland University of Applied Sciences. The event will take place 5th May, 13.00-16.30 CEST (UTC +2). The event will be held digitally and starts with the 2nd ARCSAR dissemination workshop aimed at promoting the project activities and proceeds with the 3rd ARCSAR Innovation and Knowledge Exchange Event with a focus on “Training for innovations and innovations for training in the Arctic and North Atlantic”. To register, click here.
- ASSW events:
|Workshop||KEPLER||Enhancing Copernicus 2.0 information products through optimised usage of in-situ data||15:30 - 18:30 • 3h 0min • Sat 20th||Brella|
|Session||INTERACT||INTERACT Virtual Access Launch||10:00 - 12:00 • 2h 0min • Mon 22nd||Brella|
|Session||APPLICATE, Blue-Action and INTAROS||ID:62 - Arctic Climate Change and its Impacts on Weather and Climate in the Midlatitudes https://assw2021.pt/?accao=scienceprogram#||08:00-10:00 Wed 24th||Brella|
|Session||ARICE, INTERACT, Blue Action, EU-PolarNet2||Co-creating Arctic Research together with Indiginous Right-holders https://assw2021.pt/?accao=businessprogram#cbp=business-program/35open-23.html||18:00 - 21:00 • 3h 0min • Tue 23rd||Brella|
|Session||INTAROS||ID:60 Integrating Arctic Observing Systems – Results from the H2020 INTAROS Project Room G||08:00 - 10:00 • 2h 0min • Fri 26th||Brella|
|Workshop||ARICE, INTERACT, APECS, EPB SIOS||Workshop on International Access to Research Infrastructure in the Arctic ASSW, March 23 2021, Time: 9:00-15:00 GMT Participants are kindly asked also to register in advance by e-mail to indicating in your email whether you will join the marine- or land-based breakout groups.||09:00 - 15:00 • 6h 0min • Tue 23rd||Brella|
|Talk||Whole Cluster/EU-PolarNet2||The EU Polar Cluster - a collaboration of projects funded by the European Commission - Elaina Ford - ASSW 2021 Session ID 25: Experiences in sustaining collaborative Arctic research teams||11:50 Thur 25th||Brella, ppt|
|Poster||KEPLER||KEPLER: Improving the capacity of Copernicus for the Polar Regions, Nick Hughes . In ID:13 - Advancing SAON's Roadmap etc. Through Regional and Global Capabilities + ID:73 - Pollution of the Arctic Environment: Regional Monitoring, Satellite Observation, Pollutant Pathways Analysis and Impact Evaluation||10:30 - 12:30 • 2h 0min • Wed 24th||Brella|
Europe in International Polar Research - 25 years of Arctic and Antarctic cooperation with the EPB
|15:00 - 18:30 • 3h 30min • Tue 23rd||Brella|
|Talk||INTAROS, CARPARDUS||Data sharing between Community-based observing systems and scientific observations. Session ID 25: Experiences in sustaining collaborative Arctic research teams, Stein Sandven||15:35||Brella|
- The International Polar Tourism Research Network Welcomes the ProAct Team 15th April
- ARICE Online Technical training: 30th March - 14th April 2021 https://www.apecs.is/research/apecs-projects/arice/online-technical-training.html
- EPB ASM3 webinar 5: Theme 3, Respond: Sustainable development; Evaluation of vulnerability and resilience; Application of knowledge
17 March 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
- ARICE technical training with APECS https://apecs.is/research/apecs-projects/arice/online-technical-training.html
- EPB ASM3 webinar 6: Theme 4, Strengthen: Capacity building; Education; Networking; Resilience – prepare the next generation
07 April 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
- Open Day for the NERC Arctic Station on Thursday 25 February: The session will highlighted the rapid environmental changes in and around Svalbard; the support provided by the Station, including new for this season ROV & AUV and lots of other marine and lab kit; and the latest developments and funding opportunities. Full details and registration: https://www.arctic.ac.uk/news/nerc-arctic-station-day-2021-registration-now-open/
- KEPLER training: online workshop for students and early career scientists 17-18th February 2021. The Horizon 2020 funded project 'Key Environmental monitoring for Polar Latitudes and European Readiness' (KEPLER) hosted an online workshop for students and Early Career Scientists. https://kepler-polar.eu/2021/02/15/kepler-ecr-workshop/
- SO-CHIC webinar: Ocean variabilities in the Southern Weddell Sea 13:00 UTC on Wednesday 27th January.
- EPB ASM3 webinar 3: Theme 1, Observe: Observing networks; Data sharing – towards implementation 20 January 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
- EPB ASM3 webinar 4: Theme 2, Understand: Enhance understanding and prediction capability on Arctic environmental and social systems and its global impact 17 February 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
- The 2020 EU Polar Cluster meeting will be held as part of the European Polar Science Week on the 27th October 2020, online, in collaboration with ESA - http://eo4polar.esa.int/
- EGU General Assembly 2020 - Vienna, Austria 3th - 8th May 2020.
- APPLICATE splinter session 5th May, 10:45 - 12:30, room 2.17 (SMP37)
- European Polar Board, EPB, Spring Plenary meeting, Sofia, Bulgaria 23rd - 24th of April, 2020.
- 5th Joint Arctic SAR Workshop and TTX. Hveragerði, Iceland, 15th - 16th April. https://www.aeco.no/events/joint-arctic-sar-workshop-and-ttx/
- ASSW (Arctic Science Summit Week) 28 March - 30 March 2020
- EPP, ARICE, APPLICATE, EUPolarNet involved in sessions
- Arctic Observing Summit, Iceland, 31st March - 2nd April 2020
- INTAROS involved in preparatory work
- KEPLER submitted side session
- Arctic Frontiers Tromso, Norway, 26th-30th January 2020